Compressed Air System Optimization (CASO) User Level Training
Date: 07~08 March 2016
Time: 08:30 – 16:30
Location: Department of SMEs Development, No.35-B/15, New University Avenue Road, Bahan Township, Yangon (Lunch is provided)
Factory operations, maintenance and management personnel, energy efficiency consultants, equipment vendors, industry engineers.
The participants will learn the basics of compressors, air treatment equipment, compressed air systems and system dynamics. They will be able to use this information to make recommendations concerning existing systems to improve the energy efficiency of the system in a cost effective manner. These improvements will be what is termed as low hanging fruit in that they require little if any capital investment, resulting in very quick payback periods.
During the workshop, the participants will learn:
1. The benefits of improving compressed air system performance.
2. Basic energy flow for generating of compressed air. The most significant losses occur during the initial compression cycle itself.
3. How to differentiate the supply side of the system from the demand side.
4. The different types of compressors and their applications from an energy point of view, focusing on the typical used compressors in the industry (rotary screw compressors).
5. Air treatment, including dryers, filters, piping etc and energy related aspects.
6. Basic design analysis and the effect of system components on operation.
7. The basic application of compressed air storage and how it can affect system efficiency.
8. The effect of leakage, artificial demand and inappropriate use on system efficiency.
9. Typical compressed air efficiency measures, both supply side and demand side.
10. How to determine the actual system pressure requirements and evaluate the distribution system versus the actual point of use demand to determine which is driving the pressure requirements using a basic block diagram.
11. How compressor controls affect system pressure and efficiency.
12. How end use installation practices can affect system performance.
Please download the application form at http://www.ieemyanmar.com/?page_id=4452 and send it back to PMU team contacts.
Copy © 2015 All rights reserved. Powered By World Wide Myanmar